Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Welds using SMAW, GMAW, SAW or other methods.
- Performs cutting using Oxy-Acetylene or Plasma Arc torch.
- Performs Arc-Air gouging.
- Reads blue prints to determine size and location of fittings and other appurtenances.
- Records information accurately on work order Re: material, serial numbers etc.
- Trains and instructs helper under his supervision.
- Operates overhead crane, jib crane, forklift and other material handling equipment.
- Tests tank for leaks using air pressure and test soap solution or other methods approved by the company.
- Fabricates parts using shear, drill press or other machines the welder is authorized to operate.
- Operates grinders and other equipment to prepare for welding or to clean welds prior to painting.
- Requires extensive heavy lifting and bending.
- Miscellaneous duties as they occur.