Position Summary: Prepare tanks for painting. Unload steal and load finished tanks. Perform general labor work. A sand blaster will use the sandblaster tool, grinders, and de-slagging tools.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assist the painter in preparing tanks for painting.
• Use tools and grinders to prepare surfaces for paint.
• Apply an etching agent and clean by wiping with rags.
• Sandblast tanks and other parts to prepare for painting the exterior.
• Sandblast tank interiors to prepare for lining, shovel sand through man way.
• Wear a respirator for internal tank work.
• Operate yard crane, overhead crane, forklifts, flatbed truck.
• Unload steel from trucks.
• Perform record keeping when unloading steel.
• Use a micrometer to measure material thickness.
• Maintain a valid driver’s license and remain insurable.
• Maintain equipment used in performing the job.
• Extensive heavy lifting and bending required.
• Wearing of safety equipment required.